As of now, most of us have been instructed to work from home (WFH) or stay home as much as possible. With uncertainty comes the fear of the unknown, which is only natural! However, we're here to help our community in any way possible, whether it be lending a virtual ear or providing you with tips and tricks to navigate through this time! Our goal is to stay positive, stay calm and maybe even have a little fun! Here's our top tips for staying healthy, happy and connected through quarantine:
Face mask and multitask!
Ever dream of actually completing your 25 step skincare routine? ;) From double cleansing to gua sha, now's the time!
- Apply your favorite face mask or do a DIY face mask while you take care of business! Here are our favorite homemade face mask recipes:
- To nourish and hydrate: 1/2 avocado, 1 tablespoon honey, handful of rolled oats
- For glowing skin: 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- To soothe acne: 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon honey
- Don't forget those locks! Here's one of our favorite DIY hair masks from Conscious Coconut
- Gua sha while you work (you can whistle too, we won't judge). Bonus: Not only will this help your products to sink in, this will also help you relax and relieve tension!
Feel good and FIT at home.
These days, there are so many ways to keep your fitness on track at home with fitness apps, Youtube workouts, IGTV and more! Here's some of our favorite ways to stay fit at home:
- Get into the flow with some at-home yoga! This is great for mind and body. There are so many free flows available on YouTube!
- @lindseyharrod is one of our favorite fitness gurus and right now she's offering a FREE live workout every day on her Instagram channel!
- Tone It Up is always amazing with free workouts on Youtube or you can download their fitness app! They just opened up the Tone It Up App to all new members for FREE for the next month!
- More fitness influencers and apps we love that are sharing at-home workouts right now: @aubrewinters, @bandier, @lululemon, @thesculptsociety, @sweatinsd, @dogpound, @vuoriclothing, @sweatandtell, @samiclarke, @laurengores, @fortis_yogalux
Eat clean at home!
Image via @theflexiblechef
Now is the time to nourish your body with healthy, wholesome foods! Bonus, you know every ingredient going into all of your meals. Here's some of our favorite resources for healthy, yummy recipes!
Stay calm and carry on.
We totally get it, self-isolating can bring on uneasy feelings, stress and anxiety. Here are our favorite ways to remain calm, focused and feeling at ease:
- Meditate! You can do this on your own or use an app. Here's a couple of our favorites:
- Headspace (Headspace is offering a free "weather the storm" section to their app)
- Calm (Another great app for meditation and sleep)
- Duolingo (For those who struggle with meditation, language learning helps to work a different part of your brain)
- Not an app person? Light a candle, sit in a comfy place and stare at the flame while you let your mind wander. You're welcome!
Declutter and organize.
Make your space even more enjoyable by taking this time to declutter and get organized. Nothing feels better than relaxing in a clean, clutter-free home!
- Clean out your closet of unwanted items or clothing you haven't worn in over a year. Take this time to reinvent your wardrobe!
- Rid yourself of anything that isn't serving you or bringing you joy.
- Deep clean! Haven't wiped down the window sill in some time? Do it now!
Unplug and unwind.
We absolutely encourage you to stay connected with your family and friends. FaceTime is the best gift ever during this time! However, too much digital exposure during quarantine can start to bum you out, especially with all of the constant media updates. Here are our favorite ways to unplug:
- Read a book
- Go for a walk
- Draw and/or color
- Have a patio? Sit outside and soak up some vitamin D and fresh air!
- Set up check in times to connect on social and time to be offline (i.e. before bed, first thing in the morning)
It's the little things!
If you are working from home, remember, it's the small things that make you feel like your day is off on the right start! Here's our checklist to get every morning started off on the right foot before we sit down to log in:
- Make your bed
- Shower, brush your teeth and do your skincare routine
- Write a gratitude list (we recommend writing down 3-5 different things every day that you are grateful for)
- Make yourself a cup of coffee or tea, and breakfast!
Get your GLOW on!
Step up your evening routine with COOLA's Sunless Tanning Firming Lotion and our Sunless Tan Face Serum. Just because you are cooped up inside doesn't mean you don't deserve a little extra glow to get you by. Maintaining nightly routines during this time can be a great little pick-me-up. Plus, your skin will be thanking you later!
Incorporating 360 Protection:
Many of you are taking the time to self distance and WFH. Since we'll be spending an increased amount of hours in front of screens (ie. Laptops, Tablets, Phones, and TV's) digital protection is a MUST! Check out our four favorite must-have Full Spectrum products HERE. And if you do step outside for that much needed breath of fresh air or walk on your lunch break, you are also protected from UVA and UVB rays with broad spectrum SPF 30. We got you!
We hope these tips and resources help you to stay happy & healthy during this time. We are all in this together and we know there are sunnier days ahead!
The COOLA Team