Hey! Sign In
It features a proprietary blend of antioxidants and specially harvested plant-cell cultures – all at their active levels – to help mitigate the damage from environmental and digital exposure.
Causes premature skin aging, photo damage, and skin cancer.
Studies show that blue light penetrates more deeply than UV rays and can induce damage to deeper layers of the skin.
Particulate matter can penetrate skin and cause oxidative stress.
Exposure has been shown to accelerate skin damage.
Blue light (also known as high energy visible light, or HEV) is the strong light that emits from the screens on cell phones, computers, tablets, and TVs, as well as from fluorescent and LED lighting. The sun also emits blue light, so you’re exposed to it when you’re outside, too. Yep, it’s everywhere.
Research indicates that blue light can reach deeper into our skin than UVA and UVB rays, and it’s causing trouble all along the way.
‣ Increase in oxidative stress and free radical production in the deeper layers of the skin1, 2, 3
‣ Hyperpigmentation, similar to the effect of UVA1
‣ Decrease in the proteins that support skin elasticity4
‣ Skin cell inflammation5
‣ Degradation of the skin barrier5
Studies conducted on skin using regular sunscreen versus sunscreen with added blue light protection showed that sunscreen alone is not enough5. When exposed to visible light, those with added defense were much more effective at combating the free radical production from visible light5.
COOLA Full Spectrum 360˚ complex demonstrates:
prevention on indicators of blue light damage4
improvement on indicators of pollution protection6
less damage on indicators of infrared light damage7
COOLA's proprietary Full Spectrum 360˚ complex is scientifically proven to go beyond UVA and UVB to help mitigate the effects of digital and environmental skin aggressors.
Fibrillin-1 fibers (highlighted in yellow) are critical to supporting skin elasticity.
Fibrillin-1 fibers were stained using immunofluorescent staining in third-party conducted ex-vivo tests on human skin.
Blue light exposure visibly impacted fiber structure, damaging the shape and reducing the length (-36%).
Skin was exposed to Blue-LED 415 nm (5 mW/cm2 for 18 min) once a day, 24 hours apart. Results were measured after 72 hours.
Applying COOLA Full Spectrum 360˚ products before exposure prevents up to 86% of the damage to fibrillin-1 fibers, maintaining healthy shape and length (+48% improvement vs. untreated).
Skin was exposed in the same manner as untreated, but with application of COOLA Full Spectrum 360˚ complex beforehand. COOLA Full Spectrum 360˚ complex was applied 2x/day in each 24 hour period.
Our Full Spectrum 360˚ technology is a proprietary blend of supercharged antioxidants and plant-derived actives – all at active levels – that are clinically shown to help mitigate the skin damage from exposure to blue light, infrared and pollution.
Premium White Cocoa Seed cell actives
Super antioxidant more powerful than blueberry, cranberry, pomegranate, and green tea; eco-friendly extraction procedure optimizes the peptide, saccharide, and polyphenols composition.
Clinically shown to decrease oxidative stress from Blue Light and improve skin elasticity
Peruvian Pink Pepper Tree Leaf cell actives
Schinus Molle known for antioxidant, medicinal, and rejuvenating benefits; sustainable cultivation and harvest process for optimal extraction yield, producing an extract rich in polyphenols with superior antioxidant activity.
Clinically shown to improve skin’s defense from air pollution; refines skin texture by reducing sebum at skin’s surface and minimizing appearance of pores
Indian Jasmine stem cells + Y mangosteen
A complex of Indian Jasmine cells enriched with Y-mangosteen, which has significant antioxidant properties, to develop a unique biological protection for the skin.
Clinically shown to reduce DNA damage caused by blue light and infrared light; also supports smoother, firmer, more radiant skin
1. Nakashima Y, Ohta S, Wolf AM. Blue light-induced oxidative stress in live skin. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017 Jul;108:300-310. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2017.03.010. Epub 2017 Mar 15.
2. Godley BF, Shamsi FA, Liang FQ, Jarrett SG, Davies S, Boulton M. Blue light induces mitochondrial DNA damage and free radical production in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005 Jun 3;280(22):21061-6. Epub 2005 Mar 29.
3. Staffan Vandersee, Marc Beyer, Juergen Lademann, and Maxim E. Darvin, “Blue-Violet Light Irradiation Dose Dependently Decreases Carotenoids in Human Skin, Which Indicates the Generation of Free Radicals,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2015, Article ID 579675, 7 pages, 2015.
4. Third-party conducted ex-vivo tests on fibrillin-1 expression in human skin using COOLA Full Spectrum 360 complex. See “COOLA’s Scientifically Proven Results” section.
5. Liebel F, Kaur S, Ruvolo E, Kollias N, Southall MD. Irradiation of skin with visible light induces reactive oxygen species and matrix-degrading enzymes. J Invest Dermatol. 2012 Jul;132(7):1901-7. doi: 10.1038/jid.2011.476. Epub 2012 Feb 9.
6. Third-party conducted ex-vivo tests on claudin-1 expression in human skin using COOLA Full Spectrum 360 complex.
7. Supplier-conducted in-vitro tests on abasic sites (DNA lesions) of keratinocyte mitochondria at active level (0.5%) of one of the key ingredients in COOLA Full Spectrum 360 complex.