Summer is officially here! After working 9-to-5, the LAST thing you want to do when you get off work is get your sweat on in a stuffy indoor gym. However, you don’t have to sacrifice fitness for enjoying some fresh air and sunshine! We’ve got you covered with these six outdoor workouts to switch up your workout routine… just don’t forget the SPF (even in the later hours of the day you can still get burned). We love our Classic Face Sport SPF 50 White Tea Moisturizer or our Mineral Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen Sticks for all your outdoor sweat sessions!
- Standup paddle board - This workout requires a lot of core stability and leg strength to maintain balance. This not only helps improve balance but is said to increase focus in day-to-day activities. You’ll be surprised at how sore you are after this workout!
- Hit the court - An outdoor basketball court serves not only as a great way to stay in shape, but is also an opportunity to meet new friends. Friendly rivalry helps you connect with others while promoting cardiovascular health.
- Explore some trails - Hiking is a powerful cardio workout that can build strength and burn calories. It is also a great way to explore nature and take the time to get away from the chaos of our daily lives and technology.
- Pick up that racket - Tennis can help increase aerobic capacities while lowering resting heart rate and blood pressure. This sport is relatively inexpensive and there are many public courts around most cities. If you’re up for something totally new, give Pickleball a try! It’s super fun and a great way to get social.
- Bootcamp on the go - The combination of team atmosphere, intense full-body cardiovascular exercise and fitness education makes bootcamp the ideal weight loss program. Research one in your community!
- Let it flow - Yoga can lessen chronic pain and increase flexibility while building muscle. The relaxation techniques incorporated in yoga help reduce daily stress. A nearby beach or park is a great place to practice your flow.
We suggest you play hooky with your gym and get in a great workout outdoors- especially during the nice summer months. Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone!